Invisalign clear aligners prove that effective orthodontic treatment doesn’t have to be difficult. These ingenious appliances have helped millions straighten their teeth and achieve better-looking smiles, and they can help you too.
Invisalign aligners are an effective and discreet orthodontic treatment option that are worn comfortably over your teeth to continuously adjust alignment and spacing.
Invisalign aligners are custom-made using models of both your current teeth and the end result you hope to achieve. With Invisalign aligners, you will switch to new aligners about every two weeks with each set slightly shifting the teeth. This continues until you have achieved your final results which usually takes about two years.
You remove the Invisalign aligners for eating, drinking, and cleaning only. At first, they will feel very tight, but they will begin to loosen and feel more comfortable after a few days.
Horizon Dental Group offers Invisalign at all three of our Arizona locations—Chino Valley, Prescott, and Prescott Valley. Please call the office nearest you to set up an Invisalign consultation.
How does the Invisalign process work?
To begin, we will take photographs of your teeth and face, dental impressions of your teeth and x-rays. Those records are sent to Invisalign with detailed instructions on how we want the final result to appear. Invisalign will scan the impressions to create a 3D model of the teeth and work with your dentist to get the mold to its exact proportions. Once final, the trays are made and mailed to your dentist office. You will wear a set of trays for two weeks at a time for approximately 2 years, or the length of time determined by your dentist.
Invisalign vs. braces—what's the difference?
There are many differences between Invisalign and braces, we’ve listed some of the largest ones here. Ultimately, the decision is up to you, but the introduction of Invisalign to the market introduced a more efficient, less painful way to straighten teeth.
- Materials. Invisalign uses clear transparent aligners, while braces use wires and brackets.
- Removability. Invisalign aligners can be removed by the user at any time, while braces can only be removed by a professional.
- Food Restrictions. Invisalign allows a user to eat whatever they would like and not make changes to their oral care practices, while braces restrict what the user can safely eat and require special maintenance and care.
- Injury Risks. Invisalign aligners do not present any injury risks, while braces can lead to cuts and other injuries.
- Visibility. Invisalign aligners are nearly impossible for others to notice, while braces are almost impossible to miss.
Who can use Invisalign?
Most teens and adult patients requiring mild to moderate orthodontic corrections can use Invisalign. This includes patients with teeth that are crooked and misaligned or teeth that feature noticeable spacing problems. Invisalign can even help patients with minor bite issues—however, not all orthodontic issues can be treated with Invisalign. More extensive problems will require additional treatment.
What is SureSmile?
The SureSmile® Aligner system by Dentsply Sirona helps Horizon Dental Group bring our patients the smiles they’ve always wanted. From treatment planning to the design and fabrication of custom-fit clear aligner orthodontics, SureSmile assists our team in bringing you consistent, high-quality treatment for optimal smile satisfaction.
How much does Invisalign cost?
According to Invisalign’s website, the cost for this treatment is similar to the cost for metal braces. Costs can vary, depending on:
- Insurance coverage. Most insurance plans cover Invisalign the same way they cover metal braces. It is rare that insurance will cover Invisalign for purely cosmetic reasons, but each case is different.
- Length / complexity of treatment. With Invisalign, you get new clear aligners every couple of weeks, so the cost varies, depending on if your treatment requires more (or fewer) aligners.
If you have any financial questions, please contact our office and we will be happy to discuss your insurance coverage or additional payment options available.Contact Us
Personalized Care You and Your Family Can Trust
Our passion is taking excellent care of patients from start to finish. We’re proud to offer treatments in-house that are normally referred out in order to maximize your comfort and meet your needs. Explore all our dental services or schedule an appointment today.